TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - TT won't idle at same time as brake, and stop/tail warning
People Seeking Info

Subject TT won't idle at same time as brake, and stop/tail warning

Posted by Vert93 (MN) on September 03, 2018 at 5:18 PM
  This message has been viewed 333 times.

Message lights illuminated on the dash. Is this a coincidence, or is the fact that these lights came on at the same time that I lost idle supposed to be telling me something?

The car is a '93 vert with a '92 TT swap, JWT Sport 700's, PE 850 injectors, Ash chip for it's options, etc.

The back story is that a couple days (25 miles) before this all happened, the plenum was pulled and the injectors were sent in to get ultrasonically cleaned. I had 2 sticky injectors that were dumping in extra fuel causing backfire, smoke out the exhaust, misfires, etc. All those issues went away and other than the idle, it now runs great. It idled perfect for a couple days after everything was put back together. Then when I pulled up to a stop light on day 2, it wouldn't idle at the same time as those lights illuminated on the dash cluster. It seems like that can't be a coincidence.

I have checked for vacuum leaks. I found one really small one via a boost leak test. But that changed nothing. And I can find no others.

I swapped out the IACV with a known good one to rule that out. It made no difference. The connectors for the iacv and the aac valve are sort of broken, but do make a connection. So I ordered new connectors for them last week that should be here Tue/Wed.

My brake fluid is full, the brake master cylinder connector is good and plugged in, my parking brake is not on, and I have no burned out tail lights. That includes the 4 bulbs in the 3rd brake light.

I artificially increased idle so that I could drive it via the adjustment screw on the aac valve, and the adjustment on the throttle body linkage. But that's just a temporary band aid.

I am running out of things to check here. Any assistance/advice would be appreciated.

Photobucket

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.